If you’ve ever shopped at Costco, you know that some things are just better in bulk.
We serve tons of developers, analysts, and investors who were looking for massive amounts of historical data to backtest their theories and train machine learning algorithms, among other uses. That’s why we launched the Bulk Downloads Marketplace – historical data available for a one-time purchase, without an ongoing subscription.
In this blog, I’m going to cover:
- How bulk downloads work
- Our most popular bulk downloads
- How bulk download data can be used
- Our pricing structure for bulk downloads, and
- What’s so special about Intrinio’s bulk downloads
How Do Bulk Downloads Work?
Anyone who needs large amounts of historical data can visit the Bulk Downloads Marketplace and browse our data packages. Our data isn’t bundled – pay only for what you need. Bulk downloads offer large, flat files of clean, high-quality Intrinio data for a variety of US and global securities. The data dates back 5-50 years, and select feeds come with redistribution rights.
Bulk downloads come in a CSV format, which can be accessed and analyzed in Excel. Check out our CSV documentation to learn how to get started with CSV and get information about authentication, paging, limits, and more.
What’s Popular in the Bulk Downloads Marketplace?
We offer stock price and other financial data from exchanges in North and South America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and the Pacific. Here’s a sampling of some of our most popular offerings:
US Stock Prices 50+ Years
Historical end of day (EOD) stock prices for all US public companies excluding over the counter (OTC) stocks. Open, high, low, close, volume, as well as prices adjusted for splits and dividends, are included.
US Fundamentals 10+ Years
Historical financial statement data for all US publicly traded companies. Includes balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows, as well as 120+ calculated fields.
International Executive Contact & Compensation
Detailed current contact information (such as email address, role, phone number, etc.) and 4 years of compensation data (such as salary, stock options, bonuses, etc.).
US Insider Transactions
Historical US insider transactions from the SEC Forms 3, 4, and 5. Includes insider name, insider job title, transaction date, transaction type, transaction price, total shares owned, and more.
US Municipal Financials
US Municipality financial data for the 2017 fiscal year. Includes entity name and ID, along with items for debt, liabilities, revenues, etc., comprising a total of 46 specific fields. Covers 2,945 US Municipalities.
Forex Prices, 18+ Years, Minute
Historical minute FX data with 18+ years of history as of the date of download. Covers 40 currency pairs, including majors and exotics.
How Can Bulk Downloads Data Be Used?
Market analysis. Analysts can use comprehensive filing data to conduct analyses for thousands of companies.
Algorithm testing. Historical data helps developers and quants backtest theories and train machine learning algorithms.
Application development. Some feeds allow for redistribution, which is useful for commercial-facing applications and sites.
How Does Pricing Work for Bulk Downloads?
Unlike our financial data feeds, bulk downloads don’t require a subscription. Simply complete a one-time purchase and the data is yours. You can even redownload the files with daily updates for 30 days.
Pricing varies for bulk downloads, typically depending on how much history it contains. Prices range from $125 to $1250, with most users paying around $400.
What’s So Great About Intrinio’s Bulk Downloads?
We’re glad you asked.
- Our data is normalized. We simplify data access by capturing raw datasets from US-based and global exchanges, cleaning them, and providing access through our simple CSV bulk download format.
- Our data is standardized. No two companies report alike, making it nearly impossible to compare them by their financial statements alone. Intrinio standardizes the data, so you can start getting value out of it immediately.
- We offer a free developer test environment. Creating a free Intrinio account gives you access to our free Sandbox environment, which allows you to test and experiment with our data before committing to a purchase.
- We offer pretty fantastic free support. Support is available via email, live chat, and our ticketing system, free for all Intrinio customers. Our customer success team is standing by to answer questions and resolve any data issues.
Need Something More Custom?
We can help. We work with enterprises to customize data packages for their use cases or match them up with the data they need. Intrinio also offers custom development services to clients who want to leverage our data – providing beautiful and functional platforms such as web and mobile applications.
Ready to Get Started?