Stop spending precious time manually calculating Net Operating Profit After Tax (NOPAT) and start saving time by automatically calculating this in Excel in under two minutes.
Before you can pull the NOPAT, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Create a free Intrinio account by signing up here.
- Take a trial, or subscribe, to either/or both of the following Intrinio data feeds: US Fundamentals or US Sector and Industry.
- Download and install the free Excel Add-In. For help with downloading/installing the add-in, check out the Excel Tutorial.
Now, in just three steps, you will be able to pull NOPAT using the API Explorer and the Excel Add-In.
- Go to the NOPAT data tag page
- Scroll down to the API Explorer and copy the formula by clicking the notepad icon
- Paste the function into the excel sheet, change the company ticker to the cell in which the ticker is written, for instance, on the example below, “AAPL” was changed to be A2. This will allow you to update a whole list of tickers without manually changing the ticker on each formula.
How Intrinio Calculates NOPAT
We calculate NOPAT by using the total pre-tax income minus the total non-operating income, then multiplied by, 1 minus the income tax expense total pre-tax income.
Additional NOPAT Calculations
You can pull additional NOPAT related calculations just as easily as pulling NOPAT.
- Visit the Data Tag Directory
- Search ‘NOPAT’
- Select the calculation
- Follow steps 2 & 3 from the NOPAT tutorial above
- Repeat for as many calculations as you’re interested in!
Here are some examples of additional calculations
Historical NOPAT Calculations
If you’re interested in learning how to pull the NOPAT calculation with historical data, check out our NOPAT video tutorial!